Here I am at 40 weeks pregnant. I was not pregnant this long with Sis, so the last five weeks of pregnancy were an adventure.

Here is what 40 weeks and six days looks like....

I personally think he is a doll! Born Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:03pm. L-Dawg weighed in at 9 pounds, 5 ounces (at his one week check-up, he weighed 9lbs., 8oz. - he likes to eat!) and was 21 inches long. The best part is that I only labored for three and a half hours and pushed for less than 20 minutes.
We used castor oil to help L-Dawg make his appearance into the world because his daddy had a work trip coming during our 42 week mark and we wanted him to be able to spend time with the baby before he left. *Note: If you decide to use castor oil, a root beer float or milkshake or something thick like that is definitely the way to get it down. Four hours after taking the oil, I started having contractions. I tried to wait as long as I could before I called anyone since I didn't want to have happen with this delivery what happened with Sis. Anyone who doesn't know that story can ask me about it later. I'm glad a friend encouraged me to call my husband to have him come home when she did because if I had waited any longer, we wouldn't have made it to the birthing center and L-Dawg would have been born in the car on the way there. We were at the birthing center for 20 minutes before he was born.
The whole experience was amazing and an answer to prayer. His big sister is in love with him! She loves to hold him and give him kisses. We have pics, but I need to upload them yet.
May your Christmas be as blessed as ours!
3 comments:
Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pictures of the cute little guy!
Congrats you guys!! Your new little man is so cute!
Congratulations! I would love to know his real name. :)
Post a Comment